Tuesday 4 July 2017

Hell Found Me






Hell found me

In the tiny pieces of broken window panes,
as my knuckles bled, I felt equal pain.

In the worthlessness that was the aftermath for me
while you did your fly.

In the warm slimy liquid trickling down my inner thighs
from your forced entry, my natural wall caving in.

In the muffled sounds and silent screams I could only manage
as I felt my virtue leave me.

In the scars etched on my skin when your "ginormous" hands
tore through my clothes.

In my innocence as I happily downed the laced drink
that weakened my defenses.

In the "trustingness" of parents who took you in
and made me call you uncle.

In society's noncommittal to my plight and that of many like me.

Hell found me in my naive, vulnerable self
Now my dignity is ablaze.

Ayodele, @itz_aweezil





25 comments:

  1. Pain in words. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Now I luv this! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tosin, so it's only this one you love abi? Issoriate. Thanks anyways.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece. Great art. Subtle message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Ayo. I felt every bit of it. Well done bruh. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! My mentor commented. I think I'm gonna flip. *somersaulting* Means so much coming from you. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stuff... Mirror of our society paying less attention to abuse. Keep it up bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Succinctly summarized. Thank you sire.

      Delete
  8. This is a great peace bro. Good balance between being poetic and passing a clear message

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great peace bro. Good balance between being poetic and passing a clear message

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is deep, Great piece fam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mehn.. Words can't explain how true and realistic this is..i feel so sorry for victims of such filth.. Great piece.. Maestro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've taken the words outta my pen (not mouth this time). It's so sad that our society is giving little or no attention to "victims of such filth." Thanks man. Always supporting the dream.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome piece. Very deep. Thumps up

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You keep getting better. Successfully painted a helplessly painful scene, not with brushes and paint, but words. This piece made me really sad. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwn... Nono thanks. Mrs. Ekeke ure just so nice. My regards to ur hubby😁.

      Delete