Friday 5 May 2017

LOVE IS MASTER



Why is it so hard?

To not want to want it

Something of which I once thought

“Oh, a fad gone bad!”

Now the subject of my every thought

And me the object of its every whim

So much pressure exerted by it

I really wished I could scream.

Call for much needed help

Or go back in time

To when I cared less

When I felt for those at its mercy

People living caged lives

Lives in a mess.

To when I had the freedom

Which by some was perceived as lacklustre

Freedom to mingle,

And with an unapologetic air of confidence

Proudly say I was single.

To when I owned my life, had a say

A time when love did not hold sway.


                                                                                                Ayodele, @itz_aweezil

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwnnnnnn... Boo, dz z a very nice piece. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mammie. Ur support is exceptional. 😘

      Delete
  2. Awwwwwwwwnnnnnn... Boo, dz z a very nice piece. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... This is lovely bro

    ReplyDelete