Tuesday 28 February 2017

Suspicion



You felt you’d done enough 
You thought you earned their trust
You scaled every hurdle
Still all effort was lost
From peering eyes 
To whispering talk
From heaves and sighs 
To stern looks and diffusing rumours.
“Is this it?”  You wonder
“The once revered golden boy 
By murmurings has been dissected 
And like the parts of a rejected toy
His honour dismembered.”
You decipher not the essence
Work yourself to ground 
Just for a good name
Only for people around 
To make slighting remarks, defaming comments
Point-shaped arrows 
That thanks to God
Hit your shield of self-assuredness.
Your bulwark of self confidence
In your moral innocence.



By Ayodele Alle


2 comments:

  1. I am Alle Odhiameh Ayodele. Poet, writer and everything in between. Poetry for me is my reality-check. Every poem I’ve written till date has emanated from experiences I’ve had and has helped me gain wider a perspective to life as it is now, and how it should be. I’m sure you’ll easily relate to my poems. If you liked reading this poem, and would like to read more, please go to http://www.ojikutudayo.blogspot.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete